Lost River Cave is a non-profit organization funded by ticket sales and donations.
Cave Boat Tour
Reservations are highly recommended.
|Admission Ticket||Adult (13+)||Youth (4-12)||Child (3 and Under)|
|Peak Tour Pricing**||$23.95||$16.95||$5.95|
|**Includes Fall and Spring Break as well as Holiday Weekends (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years)|
Reserve Your Tour In Advance
- Guarantees your spots are secured for the tour of your choosing!
- Recommended for large groups.
- A good option for avoiding lines and potential wait times during peak visitation periods.
- Offers you the flexibility of rebooking to a different day or time in the event that you are unable to keep your reserved tour.
- 45 minute tour: The tour begins with a 20 minute guided walk along the river’s edge. When you arrive at the massive cave entrance, board the boat for a 25 minute ride through the cave.
- The boat tour is appropriate for all ages.
- Please dress for your comfort and for outdoor weather conditions.
- Comfortable, sturdy shoes are recommended.
- Personal flotation devices (PFD’s) are provided for infant to adult.
- The water depth ranges from 4 to 5 feet along the tour route.
- No pets allowed on boat tour.
Interested in bringing a group? Call or email today to find out more!
Have more questions?
Feel free to call 270.393.0077 or click here to visit our FAQ webpage.
|Cave Boat Tour Times|
Tours are first come, first served, reservations recommended
|Monday - Sunday||Click here to find available tour times.|
|* Weather and school field trips may postpone public tours, call ahead to confirm public tour times.|
|Visitor Center & Gift Shop||Monday - Sunday||8:30am - 6:30pm CST
|Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day & New Year's Day | Closed early New Year's Eve|
Walk-ins welcomed, but reservations are highly recommended.
- Simply check-in at the front desk located in our Visitor Center during business hours
- A reservationist will be happy to book your group on the next available tour or any other available tour time that day
- Tours are offered on a first-come, first-served basis unless advance reservations are made.
- If you would like to secure a spot for you and your group for a particular tour time, simply create a reservation.
Lost River Cave Boat Tour Safety and Accessibility Policy
Due to the natural, unalterable features of the cave, individuals who rely on wheelchairs or scooters for transport cannot be accommodated on the tour. Guests with walkers and canes must be able to navigate the stairs, ramp, and boarding process. Park staff will not transport or aid visitors using assistive equipment.
- The cave tour is 45 minutes that includes a 20 minute guided walk to the cave entrance and a 25 minute ride on the boat through the cave.
- The path to the cave’s entrance is on a 30 degree slope descending towards the cave. One must ascend the same 30 degree slope upon completion of the tour.
- The tour will negotiate 15 steps, with as many as 12 in a single staircase along the guided walk. It is possible to take part in the tour with as few as 3 stairs.
- When the tour arrives at the cave entrance, guests navigate 3 steps to the pre-boarding area for instructions and a flotation device.
- Guests then descend a 40 degree ramp leading them to the steel-grated boat dock.
- Boarding the boat requires that visitors step down into the well of the boat; it will rock and sway as the balance is upset by the movement of passengers and the river current.
- The water depth is 4 and 5 feet along the tour route.
- On the boat tour, there is an area where the ceiling of the cave is very low. At this point, individuals in the boat bend forward (neck to knee) as the boat passes into AND out of the cave.
- In the extremely rare event that a person finds their self out of the boat, it will be necessary to maneuver through the water to the exit.
- Upon request, vehicles will be allowed to drive to the cave’s entrance at certain times of the day.
- For individuals with or without disabilities who would prefer to experience the cave tour above ground there is a free video of the tour available at the Visitors Center.
- Masks are optional in all common areas, including Gift Shop and while on the Cave Boat Tour.
- Staff members ensure proper sanitization of the Gift Shop and restrooms.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located at the Gift Shop, tour waiting area, and cave entrance.