10th Annual Scarecrow Trail
October 2 - October 25
Lost River Cave’s trails will come alive with cool and wacky scarecrows created by local businesses, organizations and families this October for our 10th Annual Scarecrow Trial. Come join in on the fall fun and build a scarecrow… if you dare!
Scarecrow Trail Participants
Saturday, October 2nd and run thru Sunday, October 24th.
Scarecrow Setup Dates:
Setup for the ‘crows will be by appointment only on Monday, September 26th thru Thursday, September 30th from 9:00am – 4:45pm.
$25 for Families and Non-Profits
$50 for Businesses
This year we will have multiple prize packages! Our panel of judges will choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ‘crows, while the people’s choice awards will be voted on by trail visitors.
- 1st Place: Free River Birch Room rental ($150 value), four $25 gift certificates to the LRC Gift Shop, ten (10) cave boat tour passes, and a trophy
- 2nd Place: Two $25 LRC Gift Shop certificates, ten (10) Cave Boat Tour passes, and a trophy
- 3rd Place: One $25 gift certificate to the LRC Gift Shop, five (5) Cave Boat Tour passes, and a trophy
- People’s Choice Award: Trophy
LRC Staff will also vote on their favorite as well as other scarecrow superlatives!
- It’s a TON of fun!
- Your scarecrow is an awesome display that shares your message and represents your business, organization, & family.
- Nearly 8,000 people will see your scarecrow.
- You will have a chance to win awesome awards and prizes.
- Your scarecrow will be recognized and shared with our 21,000+ followers on Facebook as well as nearly 3,500+ followers on Instagram and Twitter.
- Did we mention that it’s a ton of FUN?
Registration will open later this summer. Check back again soon!
Contact Maegan at email@example.com or 270.393.0077 with any questions!
- No materials that are harmful to the environment
- No tires
- Scarecrow installation must be scheduled by appointment.
- You must have your scarecrow complete by your appointed installation day.
- Scarecrow locations are determined on the day of installation.
- Scarecrows must be in good taste; those that reflect controversial social or political situations will not be accepted.
- Scarecrows must be constructed to withstand weather conditions.
- No handouts, promotional materials or free giveaways can be associated with any entry.
- Your scarecrow must stay on display until Sunday, October 25th.
- You must collect all parts of your scarecrow and display (e.g., tables, props, etc.) when you pick up your ‘crow.
- Large displays MUST be picked up.
- No hay bales should be included in your display. Your ‘crow will automatically be disqualified if hay bales are used.
Scarecrow Trail Visitors
The Scarecrow Trail will open on Saturday, October 2nd and run thru Sunday, October 24th. Trails are open from dawn to dusk.
It’s free to walk… if you dare!
Be sure and check-in at our Visitor Center to get a trail map. A face mask or covering will be required when you enter our Visitor Center.
Be sure and vote for your favorite scarecrow!
Voting begins the Saturday, October 2nd and will end on Sunday, October 10th. You can vote in our Visitor Center.
The scarecrow with the most votes by our trail visitors will be awarded our “2021 People’s Choice Award”.