READ THIS INFORMATION BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION: The only candidates that will be considered for this position will be those with experience as a Full-charge Bookkeeper or accounting equivalent.
The Business Office Manager must have a minimum of 5-years experience as a Full-charge Bookkeeper with full responsibility for all financial reports, payroll, and employee records, including all aspects of the general administrative functions of the business. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, key-record keeping and coordination among departments.
The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy. The Business Office Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and/or Chief Operating Officer.
- Prepare all financial reports and records
- Month-end closing, make journal entries, reconcile bank statements
- Prepare Monthly, Quarterly, and Year-End Payroll and Sales Tax reports Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Maintain all employee files and documentation
- Manage Retirement, Health, Dental, and Vision benefit programs
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Provide direct support for the Executive Director and/or Chief Operating Officer
- Attend Full Board Meetings and Executive Committee Meetings as needed. Prepare reports and statistics as needed by the ED. Assist with organizing and presenting the Annual Meeting.
- Maintain a positive attitude with all co-workers, management, board members, and donors
Requirement and skills
- This position requires a minimum of 5-years’ experience as Full-charge Bookkeeper, including financial reports
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Quick Books
- Proven experience as an office administrator or office assistant
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures
- High school diploma; BS/BA in office administration or relevant field is preferred
Benefits and Work Schedule
- Salary – Lost River Cave offers a pay level consistent with an applicant’s experience and training.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance – After 90 day’s employees may choose to enroll in the Insurance Programs. The company will pay the monthly premium for the employee only. There
is also an option to add family members, at the employee’s expense.
- Retirement – After 12 months employment the employee may choose to enroll in the pre-tax Retirement Plan. The company will match up to 3% of the retirement deferral.
- Vacation – After 90 days the employee is eligible for paid vacation time as follows:
– First year of employment – 40 hours
– Years 2-4 of employment – 80 hours
– Beginning in Year 5 – 120 hours
- Paid Holidays – New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- Sick days – up to 40 hours per year
- Work Schedule – This salaried position requires that the employee work Monday-Friday, with some additional hours as needed for events and board meetings. The position does not pay overtime, but will allow for flexible time-off as needed for personal appointments, etc.
Complete the on-line application below.
No phone calls will be accepted.